Thread: Bonus AA Miles for a Delay

Bonus AA Miles for a Delay

So I was pleasantly surprised to see today that AA deposited 3000 bonus miles into my account for a delay I had last Wed Feb 13th. I wasn't sure what the 3000 bonus miles were so when I called the comment in the account stated "compensation for 185 min delay." I'm not sure if this is an elite thing AA does or what, the rep wasn't sure either, she said they generally do that if someone complains, which I didn't. Anyway Just figured I'd share, with some of the negative changes to other FF programs (i.e WN and US) its little things like this that keep customers happy. Good job AA.

Re: Bonus AA Miles for a Delay

Excellent customer service on AA's part Tommy, I wish the folks in Tempe where smart enough to do that for US's elites, instead of taking away. BTW I see your luck with delays still haunts you, although based on your posts has been getting better ?

Cheers

LGA777

Quote Originally Posted by LGA777
    Excellent customer service on AA's part Tommy, I wish the folks in Tempe where smart enough to do that for US's elites, instead of taking away. BTW I see your luck with delays still haunts you, although based on your posts has been getting better ?

Cheers

LGA777
    Nah Ron I'm a freaking dark cloud of Delays....LOL Almost anytime I fly I get delayed. Last Wed's weather was pretty bad though. AA called me to move me to the earlier DFW flight at 2:55 which was delayed to 5 but then got delayed further because of an MX issue. I have to give it to the pilot he got us to DFW 10 mins before my Conex left. Infact my bag was loaded on after we pushed back. I look out and I see this dude pull up to the plane with my bag, open the hold throw it in and off he went. I was very thankful for the effort on their part.

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

Good service Tom.

But you spend way too much time checking your AA miles during the day
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

I once received 8000 miles and an apology email from AA without complaining. I was scheduled to leave HNL for LGA via DFW on the 7:45 pm flight. The inbound from LAX was delayed and the new departure time was 9:30pm. AA called me to notify me of the delay and offered to put me on the earlier DFW flight leaving at 5:30. As I was in no rush to leave Hawaii, I said I'd like to keep my original flight and just change my DFW connection to a later flight. I actually enjoyed the delay as that gave me more time on the beach and for more mai-tais! The 8000 miles bonus and pro-actively calling me was just the icing on the cake.
    Cessna 6MA Kennedy tower, Rwy 31L, CLEAERD TO LAND!

And this is why i think many of us can agree that AA is just awesome as a Domestic Legacy carrier.
    "lol retart"

Quote Originally Posted by stuart schechter
    And this is why i think many of us can agree that AA is just awesome as a Domestic Legacy carrier.
    Well, if you don't count the way they screwed all the former TWA employees

Quote Originally Posted by moose135
    Well, if you don't count the way they screwed all the former TWA employees
    Carl Ichan is the one who screwed all the former TWA employees, not AA. A lot of TWA F/As have been recalled. Despite dropping to the bottom of the seniority list, they still earn more based on years of service with TW.
    Cessna 6MA Kennedy tower, Rwy 31L, CLEAERD TO LAND!

Wow, I was on a delta flight early this month and it took me 10 hours to get to nyc from florida. I should give them a call!

Re: Bonus AA Miles for a Delay (updated 3/3)

So after my travel woe's last week AA just gave me 10,000 bonus miles for the trouble I had. So in two weeks time AA has given me 13K of miles, not bad I'd say!

The delays that you dealt with really sucked, but it's nice to see them following up and taking care of their loyal customers.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

I too am glad they have been taking care of you.

And a bit of a tangent, I am getting all misty-eyed for Tom.

I mean, over the past year, you've grown so much, from a Southwest A line boarder to flying elite on a real airline with a real loyalty program.

I'm damn proud of you boy ;)
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Last year going from JFK to CDG on DL, we were delayed about 5 hours (1 at the gate, then 4 taxiing around the airport due to EXTENSIVE lines for takeoff). A few days after while I was in France, I checked my Skymiles account and saw that they credited me 20K Skymiles. I'm sure this was only because of the length of the delay and because it was an international flight. I was delayed 2.5 hours a few weeks ago on DL (Comair) going down to DCA and received nothing, so I guess that tells you something...and I didn't even have status when that delay happened. Guess they were trying to make nice with their int'l customers...
    Check out my jetPhotos collection
    Check out my jetVideos collection