Today we launched the new look of NYCAviation... http://www.nycaviation.com/. As per our article discussing it, it is our fourth site redesign since our inception back in 2003.
Some features of the new look:
- More featured article headlines are visible up high so you can see more of our exclusive articles
- Cleaner back-end makeup that allows for faster page loading!
- Category columns show you several recent articles in the areas of our Columnists, photography and aviation history.
- Matt and Phil now have a blog, where we can discuss our thoughts on the industry, share insight on NYCA and the hobby, do book reviews and talk about more casual topics
- Our Job Listings section allows people to sort through tons of jobs in the aviation industry!
- Our recent tweets now seen on the homepage allow you to see news headlines and get travel updates even if you’re not on Twitter.
Our goal is to make the NYCAviation experience an efficient and useful one that serves all of our friends, whether they are aviation enthusiasts, industry professionals, or the casual internet surfer that stumbles upon our site.
We have not yet announced this to the world outside of NYCA! Only you guys so far. If you would like to have a look, PLEASE let us know what bugs you come across, things that don't look right, and let us know honest feedback on what is good and what isn't. Do so by posting here or emailing us at email@example.com. With any technical issues, please let us know what browser you have, and if you're running windows or apple.
KNOWN issues that exist on some articles that we're already aware of:
- In articles, some large photos appear twice in the beginning.
- Some article thumbnails do no appear properly or at all (heavy database transfer still taking place)
Thanks guys and gals!