i've been entertaining the possability of building my own computer for some time now, and i think that i am about ready to take the plunge and invest in a decent desktop. now, i've had a few dells built for both my parent's home use and my father's medical office and i'm more than satisfied with them, save for the price. i wanted to build my own in an effort to save money and get exactly what i want out of the machine. now, i know enough about computer and thier performance not to get had by a salesman but i'm not good enough to pick and choose the parts i would need to piece one together for myself. so i ask anyone here who actually know what they're talking about to help me out. what i'm looking to do with this comp is:
- run ms flight sim and x-plane at it's highest possible settings and have it run smooth as silk. those two are the only two games i really have any interest in playing.
- have a large screen resolution, 1280x1024 pixels or possibly widescreen.
- a tv card to be able to watch, and maybe even record the one tv show i watch. (can this be done?)
- of course be able to read and burn both cds and dvs, though i prefer having two separate drives for each media type.
- have enough internal storage space to eliminate the need for my external 300gb hard drive.
- would like a media card slot for my cf and sd cards (can this be done?)
- of course wireless internet, but i'm about to remove any linksys products from my life.
- usb slots both in front and back to support a wireless keyboard/mouse combo, yoke & throttle, printer and jump drive.
so for you geeks (i'm using the word lovingly) out there, can you translate what i need into actual products that exist today, and that won't break my bank account? oh yea, all this needs to run on windows xp.