Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Derf's EPIC 2011 Party Thread

Poor photo shoping job on my pic Fred..not your best work... ;) I expect better!

can you give me a better photo? It do you know how long it took to get the bubbles off your flight suit?!?!? Any more lip and I will have you cleaning the prop spinner on Tim's Sherpa! Please post a new photo in the other thread so I can have some real fun!

sorry about the bad photo, I did not realize that the camera focused on the instrument panel! woops!
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

I do not know if I want to ask who she is.....or why she is screaming!
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Before the "NYCA EPIC JUMP OF THE CENTURY", our newest fan had to make an epic jump on her own. Please remember that the NYCA shirt is available at the NYCA store on the main page. Represent!!!!

NOW I KNOW NONE OF YOU GUYS WERE READY FOR THE AWESOME WE CALL PHIL! I did not think that he was going to be able to do it! I was really concerned that Tommy was going to be able to catch him and hold the car steady. I really though that my stunt of skimming the water was wild and then John repeated my attempt to be awesome. Little did John and I know that we were nowhere near the AWESOMENESS of our Fearless Leader...........

11:59 and forty two seconds as Tim rolls the Sherpa out at 5,000 feet at a screaming 137IAS.... Nose down 5 degrees and over the PA we hear Tim shouting "READY, STEADY, go Go GO GOD DAMMIT GO!!!" and out of the corner of my eye I see Phil start a full ouot sprint to the end of the aircraft. Five feet before the edge of the main rear loading door Phil does a FULL SUPERMAN rotating ever so slightly and as he clears the tail, sails out now rotated on his back as if he was swimming on his back and looks me right in the eye and winks as to say (cool, you never knew cool). John, John, Issac and I run to the back of the plane as we see him free falling with his arms tucked firmly at his side, gaining speed as he plummets toward the earth as we were all screaming "PULL THE CORD".... We see the Black BMW skating across the field at what appeared to be about 90 to 120 MPH and at what seemed about 500 feet we finally see the canopy open, then HE PULLED THE RELEASE!?!? Followed by the reserve which seemed to open a mere few feet above the car as Phil Slips seamlessly into the sunroof and landed on the center console between the two front seats! I think I lost 5 years of my life watching that would amount to being the Coolest move I have ever seen. Kenny P in the passenger seat took this incredible photo of him riding back to the airport.

NEXT TIME YOUR GOING TO DO ANYTHING LIKE THAT, You MUST give us a heads up Phil! That should have been recorded in 1080P!!!!

Way too funny!
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

These are all too much ... LOLOLOL .. Awesome, Fred !
    Kaz T

My Photos:

JetPhotos
    KT Images NY

After the first day of jumping, I figure we should take it easy and have some fun. It will take me a week or so to get thru these images of day two but can anyone say ZERO G????

Here is the before picture, we were all a little greener in the after pictures... stay tuned!
    Last edited by Derf; 2011-07-27 at 05:43 PM.