Thread: Conan O'Brien Blimp in NY

Conan O'Brien Blimp in NY

TBS had a bright orange "CONAN" blimp in town to cover the Yankees game. There's a live feed from the blimp and a tracking map on their site, and even a "Conan Blimpspotter" badge to earn on Foursquare. Pretty neat.

http://blimp.teamcoco.com/
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31
    Saw it heading NE over Mercer County yesterday around 12:30-1:00, headed from PNE to somewhere. Thanks for giving the destination.

I spent yesterday at Coney Island but never spotted it. The sky was crystal-clear. I will be on the look-out for it. I enjoyed seeing the "Direct TV" airship hovering over the US Open a few weeks ago bur she is now gone. Thanks for the tip. I recall when they had the blimps parked over at Floyd Bennett Field.

According to the site, the blimp is parked at Solberg-Hunterdon Airport in NJ and won't be airborne again until Thursday morning.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Conan O'Brien? What ever happened to that guy?

Here's my photo of it at PNE from Friday:

General Photography - Website | Instagram
    PlaneCaptures - Website | Instagram

can they just "paint" these things? I always thought it was a fabric, but it doesnt seem to make sense that TBS would spend so much money for a one or two time deal like this.

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter View Post
    According to the site, the blimp is parked at Solberg-Hunterdon Airport in NJ and won't be airborne again until Thursday morning.
    TBS is carrying the ALCS so weather permitting it'll probably be over Yankees Stadium starting Monday night.