Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Unconfirmed, ZA002 to VCV

Program Coordinator

Unconfirmed, ZA002 to VCV

Rumors are floating that BOE2, the ANA 787, will be down in Victorville as early as Tuesday. It is also rumored that this will free up some space for ZA003, the 3rd 787 to come down to BFI shortly.

NLovis

Re: Unconfirmed, ZA002 to VCV

Idk. I'm myself trying to get down there to take some photos of ZA001 and the 747-8. Might be able to in June or July. need to get a cheap flight though.

Here is some more concrete info,

http://www.flightglobal.com/blogs/fligh ... victo.html

And for NLovis, if you want a cheap flight to SEA it would probably much cheaper in say May, slow time for transcon flights, June-Aug are busiest months of the year for east-west travel.

Cheers

LGA777

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS

Should be at VCV Wed would be nice to see that!
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Program Coordinator

I'm myself trying to get down there to take some photos of ZA001 and the 747-8. Might be able to in June or July. need to get a cheap flight though
    Seattle will not be the place to be for the 748 for two reasons: A) It isn't testing in the Seattle area but instead at Moses Lake WA, 3 hours or so away from Seattle and B) After one or two months the entire 748 test fleet is going to CA to continue testing (Palmdale IIFC)

Who knows where ZA001 will be over the summer. While we're pretty sure there will nearly always be one here in Seattle doing testing, there's no guarantee.

Quote Originally Posted by jerslice
    Who knows where ZA001 will be over the summer.
    I think it should come to MIA for long range flight testing :)
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Community Manager NYCAviation.com
    email: [email protected]

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1538
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/9633283@N04/

NLovis

Quote Originally Posted by jerslice
    I'm myself trying to get down there to take some photos of ZA001 and the 747-8. Might be able to in June or July. need to get a cheap flight though
    Seattle will not be the place to be for the 748 for two reasons: A) It isn't testing in the Seattle area but instead at Moses Lake WA, 3 hours or so away from Seattle and B) After one or two months the entire 748 test fleet is going to CA to continue testing (Palmdale IIFC)

Who knows where ZA001 will be over the summer. While we're pretty sure there will nearly always be one here in Seattle doing testing, there's no guarantee.
    Since ZA001 is the 1st Dreamliner ever made its a safe assumption that its staying down in seattle

Program Coordinator

Since ZA001 is the 1st Dreamliner ever made its a safe assumption that its staying down in seattle
    It isn't based on build number but on purpose, so the plane will go wherever the conditions are that meet its list of testing goals. I would be willing to bet they'll all leave the Seattle for a period of time somewhere along the line. I don't remember what ZA001 in particular is working on, but I bet it'll be gone for awhile. Word on the street was that 3 would be at BFI and 3 would be at Moses Lake with various frames disappearing to various places depending on testing needs but I don't remember for sure. I'm sure I could find out with minimal effort but it's getting late here and I ran out of desire :)

'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Go get her Nick!! Look forward to seeing the pics!!
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Community Manager NYCAviation.com
    email: [email protected]

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1538
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/9633283@N04/

I am going to do my best. Depends where they park her!

Come on Nick, we know you are pretty damn resourceful out there LOL. I expect gems. :borat:
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

You kidding me? Everything I have gotten at VCV has been handed to me. If she is in any shootable spot she shouldn't be so hard. Would be nice if they park her where they parked that Prince's Tristar. I would be in and out of there in 5 mins and in IFP in time for lunch!

I'm going to head up there now myself and see what I can see! Even though I live here in Socal I've never actually spotted at Victorvile so any advice and where I should go when I arrive? Thanks.

-Andrew

Once you get there it's obvious where you can shoot and where you can't. Let us know where she is parked.