Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Today's the Day: Southwest is Coming to Town

Re: Today's the Day: Southwest is Coming to Town

Photo and video roundup of the action at LGA, BWI and MDW. Includes a guest appearance by the Rapping Flight Attendant and video of the runway 4 approach on the first BWI-LGA revenue flight.

:arrow: Photo Roundup: Southwest Arrives at LaGuardia
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Quote Originally Posted by Alex T
    Quote Originally Posted by Delta777LR
    Sorry to be a bit off topic, but does anyone know if SW is going to bring only 73Gs or a mix of 733 and 73Gs??
    All the flights are scheduled to be -700's however there is always the option of MX or WX causing a swap out to a -300.

Alex

I was actually looking around and sometime mid-July some of these fights will switch to a -300. At least for the LGA-BWI flights, not sure about the rest...I looked those flights up on Flight aware so who knows what can happen by then....

Glad to see some Canyon Blue in NYC! =)
    -Bobby Catone

ALL views, opinions expressed are mine ONLY and are NOT representative of those shared by Southwest Airlines Co.

Start looking for those special schemes!! :borat:
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Community Manager NYCAviation.com
    email: [email protected]

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1538
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/9633283@N04/

Quote Originally Posted by N790SW
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex T
    Quote Originally Posted by Delta777LR
    Sorry to be a bit off topic, but does anyone know if SW is going to bring only 73Gs or a mix of 733 and 73Gs??
    All the flights are scheduled to be -700's however there is always the option of MX or WX causing a swap out to a -300.

Alex

I was actually looking around and sometime mid-July some of these fights will switch to a -300. At least for the LGA-BWI flights, not sure about the rest...I looked those flights up on Flight aware so who knows what can happen by then....

Glad to see some Canyon Blue in NYC! =)
    The first BWI-LGA flight Sunday morning was a -300. Maybe that will be a Sunday-only thing, it was a -700 today.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

I'm sure shamu will be making an appearance some day soon.
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by emshighway
    You forgot New York One!
    -Bobby Catone

ALL views, opinions expressed are mine ONLY and are NOT representative of those shared by Southwest Airlines Co.

Quote Originally Posted by N790SW
    Quote Originally Posted by emshighway
    You forgot New York One!
    I mention about that along time ago, I think WN should make a New York One, espeacialy now they come to LGA, that would be sweet
    Sergio has been a huge Delta Air Lines fan since 1992!!

Sergio Cardona

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....e=1&display=15

Here are some shots of the first arrival (Saturday afternoon) and the first flight (Sunday morning)...

Full size images here: http://www.pbase.com/joshandbrian/southwest_at_lga

More coming...

Brian
    "My wife is an air traffic controller. I married her because I've always wanted to screw the FAA." - B. Wulle

I have only been here after 1300 for day one and two and sadly no Special Schemes so far. The first Terminator tonight was a -300.

Here are the regs I observed so far.

Sunday:

N460WN (Really faded)
    N740SW
    N222WN
    N429WN (RON)

Monday:

N740SW
    N286WN
    N265WN
    N277WN
    N603SW (733 RON)

Will not be at the airport the next two days but when I return will be on the lookout for some hopefull special schemes.

Cheers

LGA777

Quote Originally Posted by LGA777
    I have only been here after 1300 for day one and two and sadly no Special Schemes so far. The first Terminator tonight was a -300.

Here are the regs I observed so far.

Sunday:

N460WN (Really faded)
    N740SW
    N222WN
    N429WN (RON)

Monday:

N740SW
    N286WN
    N265WN
    N277WN
    N603SW (733 RON)

Will not be at the airport the next two days but when I return will be on the lookout for some hopefull special schemes.

Cheers

LGA777
    A/C 286 = Former 471 that overran MDW in December

A/C 277 = Flew on her 08-August - 2009

A/C 429-460 both need a visit to the paint shop! haha

A/C 603 = I believe has winglets......
    -Bobby Catone

hey futterman fix the preview pics plz because im getting red X'S on my comp

I was excited since the day I heard the news, I live in NY but commute to Baltimore weekly for school so there more options the better.
    Everyone kept saying the flights are just $49 etc. etc. and I kept telling them that its most probably only $49 if you book 2 weeks in advance but I just looked online and the flight for today and tomorrow is still at $49.

Quote Originally Posted by planelove
    Everyone kept saying the flights are just $49 etc. etc. and I kept telling them that its most probably only $49 if you book 2 weeks in advance but I just looked online and the flight for today and tomorrow is still at $49.
    It must be a promotional deal for the launch of LGA service. If you check their web site, you can't get the $49 fare from ISP to BWI without an advanced purchase.

Yes, that BWI-LGA was a swap in BWI.

I am still showing LGA being entirely a -700 station in regards of SCHEDULED service. I have no clue what you are using flightaware for Bobby because that is very useless in regards to figuring out WN aircrafts.

As we all know WN probably swaps out the most of any airline, I assume they intend to keep LGA as a -700 station for noise reason and whatnot. However as we have already seen swaps have happened to a -300.

Yes, N603SW has winglets.

Alex
    www.southwest.com Bags Fly Free. Anytime, Anywhere on Southwest Airlines. Share the LUV!

Well it's 2240 on Thursday night and WN 208 just taxied past my office, almost 3 and half hours late and no gate, as two WN birds landed within 5 mins of each other. Ground sent them down to the penalty box at the east of the end of LGA. I think WN is getting and early dose of LGA, their last 3 departures today are delayed between 3 and 4 hours, and are likely full with the holidays. That means about 400 people stuck at Gate B4. Their 1325 departure to MDW pushed right on time, but spent 2 and a half hours in line for takeoff, meaning I would guess many missed their connections. Well Southwest, you wanted LGA, you got it !

Regards

LGA777