Thread: So Long: CRJ-1000 Prototype Photo

So Long: CRJ-1000 Prototype Photo

I have a Pilot pen that looks strikingly similar to this plane!
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Re: So Long: CRJ-1000 Prototype Photo

Ooh sweet. I love those long CRJ's.

I just look at that and think that:

1. A thin and long fuselage like that must buckle during any type of hard landing.

and

2. Those tiny engines make it look like the most underpowered aircraft ever. Can they really support the plane at any real payload?
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D.

1. A thin and long fuselage like that must buckle during any type of hard landing.

and

2. Those tiny engines make it look like the most underpowered aircraft ever. Can they really support the plane at any real payload?
    1. The pressures on landing are spread out through the fuselage to avoid such things from happening. The A346 and 773's fuselage is long and thin for their size, do they buckle on hard landings? No. While they are of course much large then this plane its relative in terms of weight. Has one CRJ-900 buckled on landing yet?

2. The size of the engines don't mean a thing you can squeeze alot of power out of small things these days. The engines on this plane produce 15,510 lbs of thrust similar to that of the E Jets.

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

this thing will be like a G-V on landing, you'll have to land it twice. seeing this picture only brings to mind mr. peel's "it's like flying in a tube" comment and coresponding visual aide...
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D.
    I'm sure the thrust/weight compares to other jets in its class and probably way outperforms early jetliners like the classic 737. It's also the design of the wing that affects performance. No one calls the CRJ-200 underpowered, but it takes forever to get off the ground, thanks to the lack of slats. Once it's in the air, though, it rockets upwards.

[quote=T-Bird76]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Phil D.":3ra71xpf

and

1. The pressures on landing are spread out through the fuselage to avoid such things from happening. The A346 and 773's fuselage is long and thin for their size, do they buckle on hard landings? No. While they are of course much large then this plane its relative in terms of weight. Has one CRJ-900 buckled on landing yet?

2. The size of the engines don't mean a thing you can squeeze alot of power out of small things these days. The engines on this plane produce 15,510 lbs of thrust similar to that of the E Jets.[/quote:3ra71xpf]

I know. I'm Just saying that it looks funny. I don't actually expect the planes to snap in half on windy days.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Two things came to mind for me....

1. It looks like a tail strike waiting to happen

2. As others have said, and as it was reportedly said on a US Air flight by a flight attendant "The next time you'd like to fly through the sky on a thin tube..."
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Community Manager NYCAviation.com
    email: [email protected]

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1538
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/9633283@N04/