Thread: Jetblue T5 opens Oct 1

Jetblue T5 opens Oct 1

Well its official. We will be opening T5 for passenger operations on OCT 1 with the first arrival arround 0530 in the morning, Thats got to be one of the west coast red eyes. A ribbon cutting ceremony for the media is scheduled for Sept 22 in the afternoon. I figure the new parking garage should be opened by mid august. As probably a first for JFK T5's opening will be ahead of projections and I believe under budget..There will be numerous top of the line resteraunts and retail outlets just past security.(Unfortunatly).Many of the current T6 concessions will be brought over to our new home. As more details become avail ill let you know.

PS< Great turnout yesterday, next time we have to chop down some trees and weeds.
    "You above all"

Re: Jetblue T5 opens Oct 1

Does this also mean of the old T5 is opening to the public as well?

Nice! What will be happening to t6? how much will it still be utilized? and when will the temporary terminal be demolished

From what I can gather T6 is still ours and while I heard many stories as to what is supposed to happen to it,with the way the industry is now I doubt anything will happen. As far as "T6 Prime" as it is officially called, the demo should take a good 6-9 months before we can fully utilize all our new gates in T5 as it blocks about 5 gates. So we will open with 21 usable gates vs the 20 gates we now use between T6 and the prime. The current Jetbridges at the prime will be moved to their new gates on T5.
    "You above all"

Update on the T5 opening....
    It will be a couple of months before the original T5 opens to the public as the Port has just begun to erect the scaffolding inside to start removing the Asbestos from the building. Nothing like waiting till the last minute to start the project with only 40 some days until our Grand Opening
    "You above all"

Within earshot of MD-80s who don't "Over fly Prospect Park to the extent practical"

Did anyone else get that crazy email about testing the baggage system on Saturday? I want to go, but I already had plans...

Quote Originally Posted by adam613
    Did anyone else get that crazy email about testing the baggage system on Saturday? I want to go, but I already had plans...
    I didn't. Can you post it?
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Within earshot of MD-80s who don't "Over fly Prospect Park to the extent practical"

I just got back from that event, had great talks with Dave Barger and Dave Canty. Good guys and a beautiful building!
    Jordan Greene. - Happy Jetting