Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boeing 747-SPs

Re: Boeing 747-SPs

American had SP's aswell, although they were leased from TWA. They used them out of DFW to Gatwick and NRT. The only passenger SP I know of fly's with Iran Air. The rest are either private, with Gov't, or used are research platforms. United also had SPs.
    SPs were the best looking 747s IMHO... We were quite lucky at LHR as we got quite a lot of them

* American Airlines
    * Iran Air
    * Iraqi (occasionally)
    * Pan Am
    * Saudia (occasionally, more usually an L10)
    * Syrian Arab Airlines (now Syrianair, just in the last few weeks retired their last SP, I photo'd one last year)
    * South African Airways
    * TWA
    * United

I also remember Braniff, Alliance ans several others at LGW, Aerolineas Argentinas in Paris, and Namib Air/Air Namibia at FRA. The RAM machine was very rare, but the A4O-, A9C- and A7- VIP machines have also been very regular at LHR. The Corsair SP used to visit MAN fairly regularly, and outside of the UK I caught both of the Korean SPs in ANC, the China Arrlines and Qantas SPs at LAX a few years back

Strangely, my SP pics always got quite a lot of hits on a.net...

Andy

Re: Boeing 747-SPs

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't there two SP's based in the US now? One in LAS and the other in SJC?

Any info on these would be great. I think it's time I went 'SP hunting'. :mrgreen:

B
    No, you're not trippin'...That's dancing bacon.

http://rgaddis.acceleron.net/sfbanner1.jpg
    Planes and girls and stuff...SeriouslyFunny Photography.
    http://rgaddis.acceleron.net/sfhome