Thread: MTA Adding New Bronx-LGA Bus Route

MTA Adding New Bronx-LGA Bus Route

A new limited-stop bus route designated the Bx50 will link Fordham Plaza in the Bronx with LaGuardia Airport. The MTA thinks this should help the 1,000 people who currently board subways in the Bronx and transfer to the M60 to LaGuardia.

:arrow: Upgrades for crowded subway & buses [Daily News]
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

Re: MTA Adding New Bronx-LGA Bus Route

peeler should be happy...
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Good ol' Port Authority doing something good! I have 2 offices, and one of them is in Fordham Plaza. I cant say how many times I've had to wait for the M60, once 4 FULL buses passed us before we got one that only had little room left! This should make life alot easier, and I hope to try it out Friday when i go LGA-DEN on Frontier.

Sorry, service doesn't start until September.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Damn! should have read the article lol....oh well... Guess It'll be M60 delays

Quote Originally Posted by JFKSTHEWAY
    Good ol' Port Authority doing something good!
    The Port had nothing to do with it otherwise you would be paying $20 for the ride!!!
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

Orange Peel should be pretty excited about this one. Perhaps a quicker way to work and home for him.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

i wonder if this is going to be run on the articulated busses they have or a regular bus.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Thats great to hear about this!!!! Too bad its not from Throgs Neck though, but most times it doesent really bother me to take the QBx1 bus from E.Tremont Ave/Bruckner Blvd stop across Whitestone Brigde to flushing and change to the Q48 since I live closer to the QBx1 near that bus route by 12 blocks from the E. Tremont Ave/Bruckner Blvd stop, even though in most times, I prefer to take the 6 train from Westchester Sq station to 125 Lex to catch the M60 bus.
    Sergio has been a huge Delta Air Lines fan since 1992!!

Sergio Cardona

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....e=1&display=15

Quote Originally Posted by cancidas
    peeler should be happy...
    Quote Originally Posted by hiss srq
    Orange Peel should be pretty excited about this one. Perhaps a quicker way to work and home for him.
    Thanks guys, this could be great for me. Fordham Plaza is about a mile and half from the Peel Estate, I transfer their most days and nights already. In order for it to be a huge help for me it will have to have good frequency. When I leave LGA at night the M60 runs every 10 mins up untill about midnite, then every 20 to 30 up untill 0200. I would imagine the BX50 will not have anywhere near the frequency of the extremely popular M60, I am guessing maybe every 30 mins, in which case if I just missed one, I would rather start moving on the M60, even if it takes longer, than just stand there waiting for half and hour or more.

Quote Originally Posted by cancidas
    i wonder if this is going to be run on the
    articulated busses they have or a regular bus.
    Probably the regular newer Hybrid busses like the M60 uses now. Due to high ridership and baggage the M60 would be a great candidate for the articulated ones but I have heard MTA studies suggest difficulties manuoverning around the congested LGA terminals and perhaps they would not be as fast (my assumption) on the Triboro bridge where many M60 drivers are going as fast as most car traffic.

Even though I am happy about this annoucement and the personal benefit for me what I and many M60 riders (and drivers) really want is to have both a regular and Limited Stop M60. For those on here who are familiar with the M60's route my proposed Limited Stop route's only stops in Manhattan would be stops with subway or Metro North connections plus Second Ave then after crossing the bridge hop off at Hoyt Ave for the N and W train connection then right back on the GCP Nonstop to LGA, with a repeat westbound. For me 125th and Lex (4 train) to LGA takes normally 25-35 mins, the Limited I would estimate about 15 mins in normal traffic which for me would be HUGE ! It would also reduce crowding and especially the huge luggage mess frustrated non LGA riders have to endure daily on the current M60.

The ironic thing is the Limited Stop M60 would probably cost MTA a lot less than the new BX50, serve probalby umpteen hundred more daily riders, improve the commute for many more LGA commuters than the new BX50, and would actually benefit me more, the exact type rider the BX50 is designed for. i

If only the MTA would listen to it's own front line employees (drivers) and passengers (customers). Reminds me of most airlines including the one I work for.

Thanks for reading if you got this far !

LGA777