Thread: Princess Cruise Line Ship Being Built

Princess Cruise Line Ship Being Built

I was going throug some of my folders and found these photos that I took last year when I was in Trieste, Italy. I was there to install equipment on the Crown Princess and it's sister ship, the Emerald Princess was next to her being built. On the last Sunday when we were in the shipyard, we snuck around and on her and took a bunch of photos. Here are a few. It was a once in a lifetime experience to see this.

Cool shots! Princess is such a great cruise line. I took the Dawn Princess to Alaska last summer. The shear size of the screws are amazing. Its interesting though that Princess isn't using Azipod technology to propel their new ships. Considering they are owned by Carnival and all of their new ships use Azipod drives Princess would do the same.

I'm not sure if when PCL merged with CCL they were still under contract with the ship manufacturer and had to honor whatever remaining ships that were to be built. I do know that CCL pretty much lets PCL operate independently. We had the photo consession so both lines had our equipment. Their photo teams operated differently and I always felt that PCL had the better photograpers and layouts. But then again Princess caters to a different customer than Carnival. I prefer PCL. I miss my old division.