Thread: jetBlue at T4 at JFK

jetBlue at T4 at JFK

So today while checking in for my LGB flight I noticed jetBlue's San Juan flights leave from T4 and not jetBlue's T6, does anyone have a clue why this is? Their other international flights all leave from T6

Sounds like a customs issue
    "I can't wait until tomorrow, cause I get better looking everyday"
    --Joe Namath

I don't think you need a passport to go to San Juan, with Puerto Rico being a commonwealth, hence no need to go through Customs.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

From JetBlue's website...

All JetBlue flights arriving from or departing to San Juan, Puerto Rico will operate from Terminal 4 at New York's JFK International Airport. Customers are advised to check-in two hours before the flight’s scheduled departure time.

Not really sure why.
    "I can't wait until tomorrow, cause I get better looking everyday"
    --Joe Namath

I think they recommend that for ALL flights, international or not, just to cover bases so people can get through security in time.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

This started back in February. The reason was because the frequency of flights to SJU decrease in the winter and more gates were needed at Terminal 6. When this first happened apparently it was sopposed to end in May but I guess jet Blue is happy with the SJU flights in Terminal 4. I flew jet Blue out of Terminal 4 in March and was quiet happy to be flying out of Terminal 4 rather then Terminal 6.

In Terminal 4 jet Blue uses the domestic baggage claim area which Northwest uses and FlyI used. When you leave the aircraft you have to walk out through the departure level of concoure B and then into the food court and down stairs. Something cool about the domestic baggage claim is that it was filmed in Garden State!

THe basic reason was gate space issues at T6. It made sence to have them depart from T4.This will continue indefinitly probably till we open the new T5.
    "You above all"