Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 09-30-2012 JFK Spotting

09-30-2012 JFK Spotting

Newly registered Star Alliance A330 for Avianca (N342AV). Both the A319 and the A330 Star Alliance were at the field and at adjacent gates which was cool to see...

forgot to add this new Delta B738 newly painted in Skyteam colors

Last edited by gonzalu; 2012-10-12 at 06:20 PM.
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Nice, never even knew they painted one of these up

It's less than a month old in the new regi. As of September 5th, it was still wearing F-WWCK ...
    Manny Gonzalez

Very nice!
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

Great catch sir !
    Kaz T

My Photos:

JetPhotos
    KT Images NY

thanks guys what sucks is that to catch her coming in now, unless she is late, we have to wait until next summer.
    Manny Gonzalez

A Sunday that almost wasn't......

Hello and long time no see...... yeah; it has been months... so, I woke up on Sunday morning to blue skies. normally, this means another day skydiving.... i just HAD to go on my computer and look at ACARS LAAM to find that the ever elusive (for me, at least), B-KPF was inbound to KJFK from VHHH, ETA around 12:40. Take the skydiving rig out of the car, put the camera equipment in the car, call the drop zone, tell them I won't be there, grab Janice and her camera and head out to the Belt Pkwy instead... so we finally saw B-KPF from Bed Bath and Beyond, with nice dramatic clouds around. the usual Sunday morning mix, an interesting C&T Charters 737 and the new Virgin A330 with metallic red paint.... sharp! chance of showers was 30%. After Cathay arrived, it was off to the BayHouse Restaurant, literally under 31R approach. take Brookville Blvd the other way, across Rockaway Blvd, through the industrial area, and the waterfront restaurant is at the end of Bayville Ave. nice lunch, some unique views of approaching planes, and then off to Cross Bay/Howard Beach for the afternoon departures. I waited over 3 1/2 years for nice lighting with B-KPF, and missed a perfect day of skydiving, there was no way we were getting on the Belt Pkwy west bound withint seeing her depart also. well, that 30% showers turned into 100% as it rained on us at Cross Bay. We watched TransAero 777 depart 31L in a downpour..... and then it stopped raining.... what do you get after a brief shower when the sun comes out? unreal. this made the waiting pay off huge dividends. Enjoy! Roman and Janice

Now, I could hold a contest and ask for type, airline, and reg for the following three, but I'm not that cruel..... the types, everyone should get right off the bat

and the grand finale......I would have followed her all the way to Hong Kong, if my lens permitted it....

Last edited by N75715; 2012-10-01 at 06:36 PM.
    ...."most guys dig narrow bodies with large bumps and round tails that have a floral fragrance. others dig wide bodies with large bumps and wide tails that have that Jet-A scent. Me? I dig planes..."

Wow, great shots of Asia's World City in front of the rainbow, Roman!
    General Photography - Website | Instagram
    PlaneCaptures - Website | Instagram

thanks, Cary..... that was a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time in the making, my friend.....
    ...."most guys dig narrow bodies with large bumps and round tails that have a floral fragrance. others dig wide bodies with large bumps and wide tails that have that Jet-A scent. Me? I dig planes..."

:-) Roman, where the heck have you been? Anyway, I wish I knew you were out... I stayed until it started to rain and then left (I had to anyway) but would have LOVED the shot of the Rainbow wow!! Nice set...
    Manny Gonzalez

Great shots Roman,

by the way 4 years ago I did follow her all the way to Hong Kong, well I was inside. :)
    It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

Thanks for sharing. My spotting nowadays is limited as I have no car. I was sunbathing Monday, Oct.1 at Coney Island. But of course watching for aircraft as usual. At 1706, I heard engines and looked up. I saw a B748 overhead. I grabbed my iPhone and took a shot. I spoiled many cameras in the past by getting a grain of sand inside the lens. I later learned the aircraft was CPA flight 98 from ANC. It was heading at 15,000' over the Atlantic to Rwy. 22L. I was really hoping it would be the QFA B744 but I noticed dark green on the tail (Qantas would be red). Wish I had a buddy here in Brooklyn with a car; I'd buy a good camera and lens. Soon, I'll be leaf-peeping, less challenging for a senior like myself with knee problems.

hey Manny, we looked for you at Howard Beach...:) In fact, we were surprised how few cameras were out there, given the unique lighting conditions... all those day you didn't see me out at Kennedy, I've been jumping out of planes. It has become an addiction, of sorts.

thanks Eric. lucky you were in that plane! Years ago, I got lucky and took America West OHIO to KLAS. that was a nice surprise at the gate. Too bad they all look the same on the inside....lol

BTW:

AA 737
    CA 747
    QR 777

Did I get them right? :P
    Manny Gonzalez