Thread: KJFK 3-23-12 Home Spotting

KJFK 3-23-12 Home Spotting

When the wind is just right, JFK send rwy 4 departures (and any go-arounds) very close to directly over my house. This was from about 10am-1pm today.

Korean Air A380 on its way to JFK

And lastly, this hawk stopped by 4 times for lunch. What an amazing animal!

That's no meager hawk, that my friend, is an Osprey!

And a great shot of it too!

Hmm, I was sure it was a hawk. Now I know, thanks!
    It was dive bombing this spot right in front of me, caught 3 or 4 fish in a few minutes. I was only lucky enough to set up for one dive. This was the best shot.

Nice view from the back garden! Nice bankers. I love that particular ANA 77W livery, the addition of the red rising sun really adds a nice touch, and eliminates some empty space.

Great catch on the Osprey, that fish never stood a chance!

Quote Originally Posted by Ychocky View Post
    Nice view from the back garden! Nice bankers. I love that particular ANA 77W livery, the addition of the red rising sun really adds a nice touch, and eliminates some empty space.

Great catch on the Osprey, that fish never stood a chance!
    I absolutely love when JFK uses this pattern. Some departures come literally directly over the house. And yea, that ANA 77W is beautiful
    That fish didn't stand a chance, neither did the one before it, nor the one after it. What a fantastic hunter!

The Osprey shot is the winner!! Wow... some people wait entire days and PREPARE to get shots like that and never come close (trust me, I am one of them LOL)

Also, try AUTO-CONTRAST on your images ... they will look much better :-) Loved the KE0081

Cheers!
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Quote Originally Posted by gonzalu View Post
    The Osprey shot is the winner!! Wow... some people wait entire days and PREPARE to get shots like that and never come close (trust me, I am one of them LOL)

Also, try AUTO-CONTRAST on your images ... they will look much better :-) Loved the KE0081

Cheers!
    haha. I was very lucky with those shots. That Osprey was dive bombing into the lake only about 25-30 yards from me. I missed the first dive, and the second dive was obstructed by a tree. I finally got the 3rd dive and was the happiest I've been in a long time.
    I just quick cropped that pic, didn't edit it yet. I will edit the entire set today and re-post them.
    As for the A380, that very low US A321 passed right over me at the same time as the A380, but my camera wouldn't focus and I missed the combo shot :-(