Thread: Anyone using Canon 60D?

Anyone using Canon 60D?

Hey guys,

I still haven't updated my camera, but I'm between the 7D and 60D. Does anyone with the 60D have any thoughts to share? It seems that it's nearly exactly the same as the 7D, but one thing that I'm wondering about is the shutter speed. Right now, I'm frustrated with the burst shooting on my 350D--shooting raw, I can get six burst frames before it locks up. And the shots come off at about 1/second. Will I see a marked burst speed improvement with the 60D?

I have been using the 60D for almost a year now, its an awesome piece. I highly recommend it
    Kaz T

My Photos:

JetPhotos
    KT Images NY

What do you think about the flip-out screen? Does it ever get annoying or in the way?

I actually love that feature, you can have it shut while you are shooting and it will never get any scratches on the screen, if you flip it on the screen side its just like any other body
    Kaz T

My Photos:

JetPhotos
    KT Images NY

How is the burst mode? Does your camera lock up after a few RAW frames?

Thanks for all the help you're providing!

How is the overall quality of the 60D? I am also looking at updating from my 1000D to the 60D, I am split between the 60D and the 7D too, good to know someone else is in my same position.

I can't decide between the 60D and 17-55, 7D and 17-55, or 5D Mark II and 35 f/1.4.

I need it for photojournalism in addition to hobby shooting. The 5D Mark II and 35 f/1.4 combo is my favorite, but the only thing making me reconsider is the rather slow burst mode on the 5DMII. The 2.3fps on my 350D is one downside that I run into quite often, and the fps of the 5DMII is not much faster.

My vote is for 7d....Do your self a favor....go to a camera store and try both

The enhanced focus of the 7d is well worth it.... 9FPS of the 7d is well worth it.... The buffer is a great reason to have the 7D....they needed 2 processors because 1 in the 60D was not enough for rapid fire. Next to your rebel....either one is going to look awesome!
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

about 700 feet west of runway 14-32 in Farmingdale
    I agree with Fred, the 7D is an excellent camera. If shooting in jpeg, you take almost 130 shots in burst model before you need to pause for a few seconds and go again. Raw gives you like 20 or so before you have to take a break. In jpeg, that works out to about 16 seconds worth of capture time before you hit the 130 mark, you'll most likely get your shot! The full frame cameras can't keep up, unless you get the higher end models that start at $5 or $6K. That being said, I never tried the 60D.

I just bought the 60D last weekend, and to me it was a huge, but a nice step from the old Rebel XS. The 60D shooting rate, and auto focus is above exceptional for me. The overall image quality is a day and night difference from what I got so far. For a frequent flyer the 60D is a great choice since it does almost everything the 7D does, and some things even better...but it doesn't take every lil inch of room in your camera bag. But try both...

Ok, I will bite..... what can the 60d do better than the 7d?
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

I just upgraded from my Xsi to the 60d, I have not gotten a chance to play with it yet though..

Quote Originally Posted by Derf View Post
    Ok, I will bite..... what can the 60d do better than the 7d?

I'm very happy with my 60D, but I don't really see where it does anything better than the 7D.

I do like the flip screen on the 60 though.
    EVERYONE IS THERE TO SEE THE SHERPA!