Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: JFK 7/16/12

Having grown up on Rockaway Tpke, I can vouch that things NEVER used to be this bad- even after the road widening project things get slow as molasses right as you hit the Bypass- the worst part of my trip back to Jersey is almost always that and getting on the Belt

and to think that 878 was sold as a project that would get Atlantic Beach traffic off the Tpke- my Mom still has traffic jams in front of her house to this day

They can really easily solve it by:

--NOT ALLOWING CROSSING traffic from either the strip mall towards the beach or from the other side towards the city.
    --Make those folks use a newly constructed U-turn they can make one right where Verizon is now, waste of space anyway.
    --Make the existing lights on the gauntlet MUCH LONGER. It takes time for most people to react to a green light.. so make the lights much longer. I would not mind waiting in line for 5 minutes if I knew there would be 5 minutes of green light to help me make it across such gauntlet!
    --Build an ALTERNATIVE path... right now the nearest decent alternative is unknown to most and not really convenient. The other alternative is the Cross bay, which is 100 miles away! Well, isn't it? :P
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Quote Originally Posted by gonzalu View Post
    They can really easily solve it by:

--NOT ALLOWING CROSSING traffic from either the strip mall towards the beach or from the other side towards the city.
    --Make those folks use a newly constructed U-turn they can make one right where Verizon is now, waste of space anyway.
    --Make the existing lights on the gauntlet MUCH LONGER. It takes time for most people to react to a green light.. so make the lights much longer. I would not mind waiting in line for 5 minutes if I knew there would be 5 minutes of green light to help me make it across such gauntlet!
    --Build an ALTERNATIVE path... right now the nearest decent alternative is unknown to most and not really convenient. The other alternative is the Cross bay, which is 100 miles away! Well, isn't it? :P
    Hard to build alternative, there's water everywhere and protected land.
    It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

Well.....finally got around to a few of my images..........sorry for some of the dups.

My ugly shot of AeroMexico as I was driving back home..........taken with the 24-120mm lens, and cropped to no end! He was far and high when I shot it.
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

This is the BAW o around, through my sunroof from Van Wyck/JFK Exp interchange. She was coming in to 31R when she bolted. I severily underexposed it so I just go Eric-cky with it

Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS