Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best and worst airline and flight you've ever flown on?

nah the 9's have been gone since early 2000's I am almost positive I know before 2004 they were gone that is for sure. Yeah I love Biz class on the 717 I flew the LGA-SRQ biz class like 8 times in a 2 1/2 month time period. Great stuff I just kept ordering the screwdrivers up and listening to my XM radio. I ended up on the same tflightr twice back to SRQ with an Atlas 747-200 F/oO talking lol. He lives in Sarasota and used to fly funny enough for the evil people I fly for now. God that drove my girlfreind nuts. Anotherp ilot to talk planes with on a flight.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

I really think it was a 737. Def not a DC-9. I have a pretty good memory (ask Phil ;)) and I am 90% sure that this did not have tail mounted engines.

okay than it must have been a 737 unless well it might have actually been the Ryan International A-320 that was being flown for Airtran for a while because I hear Ryan International's fleet is terrible for the most part. I have only worked on their 737-200's that run between Sarasota and Memphis twice a month.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Quote Originally Posted by hiss srq
    okay than it must have been a 737 unless well it might have actually been the Ryan International A-320 that was being flown for Airtran for a while because I hear Ryan International's fleet is terrible for the most part. I have only worked on their 737-200's that run between Sarasota and Memphis twice a month.
    Ryan's fleet only operated west coast flights for AirTran, no runs on the east coast.

ahhhhhhhhhh good tidbit thanks for the info T-Bird maybe it was a 73 I guess

Best:
    AA 777, JFK-LHR, May 2002. Beautiful new plane. Somewhat empty so I had almost the whole middle row to myself. Comfy seats. EXCELLENT food. Unlimited booze. Concluded with a bad crosswind landing at LHR in which we landed on our left wheels and felt like we were going to roll over.

Worst:
    HP 757/A320, JFK-LAS, May 2003. Boarded on time for 930am flight. After everyone boarded, pilots noticed a giant crack in the 757's windshield, and proceeded to kick everyone off indefinitely to fix the windshield. They had 2 more flights that day, about an hour later, and around 730pm. The flight had been severely overbooked as was the next one, so we had to wait 3 hours just to talk to an agent. Phone attempts to be rerouted through LGA failed. We had to wait for the 730 flight, and sat in the terminal a total of 10 hours. They gave us vouchers for food in the terminal, and a free drink on the flight. When we finally got on the flight, the A320 was a dump, awful seats, dirty. After a couple of months of complaining we each got checks equal to a night of hotel, as our vacation was shortened by a whole day.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

What the hell have I started by asking Mel about the 737?

Guys I am very positive she knows what she flew on, it was a 737, I simply responded by asking, how could a new 737 get so dirty that fast.

Sorry Mel, guys, believe her, and I do too, if she says it was a 737, then it was a 737.

Alex
    www.southwest.com Bags Fly Free. Anytime, Anywhere on Southwest Airlines. Share the LUV!

haha...Alex you're ridiculous. It's ok!

Quote Originally Posted by Alex T
    What the hell have I started by asking Mel about the 737?

Guys I am very positive she knows what she flew on, it was a 737, I simply responded by asking, how could a new 737 get so dirty that fast.

Sorry Mel, guys, believe her, and I do too, if she says it was a 737, then it was a 737.

Alex
    I kind of think it was Dassault Mercure Alex! So there!

Quote Originally Posted by Alex T
    ...I simply responded by asking, how could a new 737 get so dirty that fast.
    Maybe they loaned it to Air France for a little while.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Ahahahahahahah! That is definitely the best response I've seen all day! :lol:

sorry melly :oops:

Best: ATA 738 (N310TZ) LGA-MDW, January 2006. First time on my favorite airline, good service, just a good time. Extra pretzels all flight.

Worst: Frontier A319 DEN-LGA, July 2004. Was with the girl I was dating at the time who was feeling very sick (annoying, maybe faking it), I got a bad nosebleed midflight, and it was turbulent and we landed in thunderstorms.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

best upperdeck business on a UA 744 SFO-NRT
    2nd best business on UA PS SFO-JFK
    worst NW LAX-MSP-EWR-LGW after ua lax-lhr was cancelled to due mech problems. This flight is the main reason I avoid NW like the plague. Lots of delays, horrible service on dirty planes, and baggage arrive 4!!! days later.

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    alright....

best....damn....

TN A343 JFK-PPT-JFK, First class...I can talk all about it, but if you want more info, email me and I will link to those photos. The pictures speak much louder than words. That is the best international first class I have ever been on, bar none. Full reclining seats, duvets and bedding, packed amenity kits, pajamas, delicious food. and HOT flight attendants. And great pilots.

Concorde LHR-JFK....a life's ambition. And I have the seats to boot. THe ride was rough but so distinctive! Service was great, but too short. But not complaining! Sipping Johnny Walker Blue, while listening to Marvin Gaye's "FLYING HIGH" on the IFE....that is a great memory.

AA777 JFK-LHR-JFK, first class. Had the same crosswind situation landing into JFK, it was incredible. felt the R mains hit, follow by the L mains seconds later. Good food, excellent seats and Flagship service. Flagship suites are a business cubicle with an ottomen for someone to converse across from you.

Worst....

AA MD-80 JFK-ORD, early 90's....sat on tarmac at JFK, for 4 hours....due to storms in Chicago.....Not allowed to disembark. It was a hot July day and by the time we took of, cabin crew had already run out of water. After takeoff, rerouted to Grands Rapids, Michigan for 1 hours, left off the plane for 30 minutes, then back onto Chicago, then all flights out of ORD cancelled, spent the night in ORD.

BA 757 LHR-PRG- perhaps I was spoiled by Concorde and expected more of BA but their EuroTraveler product, domestic to points Europe, was nasty. Food was some hot wrap thing, digestible, but worst was the seats....literally coming apart at the seams. Actually, come to think of it, this was the flight where I took that photo of the fuel explosion. Cabin crew were OK, food bad, condition of hte interior though was just terrible. Think Greyhound Bus goes on strike. bad news.
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187