Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Uploading to Anet/JP? Pre-Screen Here!

Quote Originally Posted by NIKV69 View Post
    I never use poles or trees to level use the horizon. That show may get in with a little CCW. It's a pretty smashing shot.
    And maybe a tighter crop on the nose. I have gotten rejected on motive for including tiny bits of a wheel strut and the screeners have confirmed they rather see all the wheel or none of it but not in between. Just a thought...
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

I never use poles or trees to level, use the horizon. That shot may get in with a little CCW. It's a pretty smashing shot.
    Thanks Nick! The light on it was pretty sweet at the time she returned!
    http://brandonsaviationblog.blogspot.com/ My continuing updated Aviation Blog
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/seahawks7757/ My continuing updated photostream from BFI and sometimes SEA

Any tips on what can be improved? I'm going to be submitting this pretty soon. The livery is not in the database yet so I'm hoping the screeners will go easy on me.
    Mat Czwakiel

Matt..........to me the image looks soft, and maybe a tad more contrast, otherwise the overall composition looks good to me
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

Yeah, I noticed that is the downside of the EF-S 55-250mm at certain zoom ranges. It might have been my panning technique as well, because some of the images I have captured within that zoom range are pretty sharp.
    Mat Czwakiel

Have a little doubt about this one and how centered it is. Unfortunately I can't do much in regards to raising the plane up a bit... What d'ya think?

Rom, it would get a rejection on center I am afraid... I wouldn't bother uploading to either db. Nice angle though... only time I have seen off centered accepted is if there are other elements worth showing in the frame.
    Manny Gonzalez

My dad took the camera out to DEN and got a bunch with this angle... thoughts?
    Adam Sheinhaus

Quote Originally Posted by gonzalu View Post
    Rom, it would get a rejection on center I am afraid... I wouldn't bother uploading to either db. Nice angle though... only time I have seen off centered accepted is if there are other elements worth showing in the frame.
    Thanks Manny, I kinda figured. Oh well!

This photo was easy to center, unfortunately I don't have enough room to move anything... For other photos, though, I'm having a hard time centering, depending on the AC's angle. Any tips you can give for perfect center?

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...
    Adam, I'm afraid it would get rejected. If you upload as a tail shot using the B6 registration, it will get shot down for not being centered. An upload as terminal will get booted for the B6 taking up much of the foreground. Not to mention it is a little underexposed.
    R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]

Im thinking of uploading this to JP.net What do you guys think?

Last edited by steve1840; 2011-03-08 at 11:24 PM.
    Steve Furst

View my work @

Furst Edition Photography
    JetPhotos.net

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Steve looks ever so slightly low in the frame and is quite soft.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Steve looks ever so slightly low in the frame and is quite soft.
    Thats weird Nik, I hadn't noticed that when I posted it. When I look at it outside of the browser and forum post, it looks sharp. But I see what you're saying, on here it is looking a little soft. Is it possible that something is happening to it going through tinypic.com to post it on here?
    Steve Furst

View my work @

Furst Edition Photography
    JetPhotos.net

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Quote Originally Posted by steve1840 View Post
    Thats weird Nik, I hadn't noticed that when I posted it. When I look at it outside of the browser and forum post, it looks sharp. But I see what you're saying, on here it is looking a little soft. Is it possible that something is happening to it going through tinypic.com to post it on here?
    You will have to check the host sometimes they do things to the pic when you upload but the pic I am seeing looks soft to me. Also parts of the wing look off to me. Almost like the winglet is out of focus.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

I tried to resolve your issue with the centering from your provided image and also the sharpening (there are over sharpened areas because you should not be sharpening a low res sharpened image in the first plane, let alone a small JPG LOL.)

I had to crop a bit of the real horizontal stabilizer to get it centered.

Also, keep in mind this forum will reduce your image to fit with an 800px wide frame regardless of original size. You must RIGHT-CLICK | VIEW IMAGE to see it in full size.

Either way, Nick is right, double check the site you;re uploading to and make sure they DO NOT mess wit hthe original Image.

Pbase, Smugmug, Flickr, as examples that do not mess up the original unless you tell them to.

Manny Gonzalez