Thread: DHL B767-300ERF's to JFK?

DHL B767-300ERF's to JFK?

DHL has placed an order for six (6) Boeing 767-300ERF's to Re-Fleet its US fleet

Boeing link below:
    http://www.boeing.com/commercial/news/2 ... 8a_nr.html

I am looking forward to hopefully seeing these aircraft at JFK in the future!
    Train exceeding medium speed must at once reduce to that speed!

I see DHL 767s at JFK here and there.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Does anyone know if the 76 going to cease production when the 78 comes online, or is it going to soldier on in limited production as a freighter like the A300/310...

With the UPS order we saw the 767 supass the 1000 order mark. I think that makes it the first widebody twin in active service to break the 1000 frame mark. Good to see even more being ordered.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

I'd imagine EWR will see some DHL 767-300F action. They currently get a daily 767-200, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Iberia A340-600
    I'd imagine EWR will see some DHL 767-300F action. They currently get a daily 767-200, no?
    There was 3 of them there Wed. morning

hey njgtr82 that avitar is BADASS!!!!
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

thanks, I took that when they were doing some maintanence hover checks in Iraq

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31
    EWR also gets the DHL A300F, which aren't all that common. Now that I think about it, hey, there are 6 Airbusses in the fleet!

Are you sure that DHL only has 6 A300s in the fleet? I thoguht I saw three of them at JFK just this morning.

I'm sure you can count on them coming to JFK...they always have several A-300's and still run the former ABX DC-9's and DC-8's, as well as the wet leased MD-11's...it looks like they switched to World Airways...haven't seen the Gemini planes lately.

Gemini's operations have slowed. World uses some of that space, but I don't think they TOOK OVER anyone else's work.

The for ABX DC-9s never really come in anymore, but the DC-8 is usually there every day.

I saw a Gemini MD-11 there last weekend - it really didn't seem as though it moved from the time I arrived there Saturday morning to the time I left Sunday afternoon.
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Community Manager NYCAviation.com
    email: [email protected]

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1538
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/9633283@N04/

I work in Bldg 71 so I see most of their stuff in the back yard...the last time I saw the DC-9 was around Christmas or New Years...pretty much the World Airways MD-11's lately, along with the A-300's...a 767 in some other livery is there from time to time also...the DC9 is ugly as hell in that horrible yellow DHL paint scheme!

DHL uses A300's and DC-8's for JFK service currently I think. I know there is sometimes a visit from an ABX B762. I thought DHL merged with ABX interesting that they remain two different cargo airline operators.

I agree DHL's yellow paint job is little much to take!

On a side note I think it is interesting that UPS recently decided to purchase additional Boeing 767-300ERF's instead of Airbus's new A330F. This is a move I was personally very happy to see as a B767 lover. I guess UPS is sending Airbus a message over the A380 mess by canceling that order and going with Boeing for the B763 order.
    Train exceeding medium speed must at once reduce to that speed!