Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spotting Wed Dec 27th

Spotting Wed Dec 27th

Looks like the weather is going to be good for Wed. Kevin Cook from down south will be up for the day spotting. I'll be picking him up around 7:30 and spotting all day around JFK. Hope to see some ppl out.

I'll try and get out during the morning to test my new camera and lense but I believe I have prior plans in the city towards the afternoon.

Hey Tommy,

coincidencially I'm in town Wednesday. If I can manage to break away from my friends for a couple of hours, I'll come out and join you guys! :D

Greets,
    -Omar S.

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    I may be out, I am also trying to get Fred out for a trip to Flanders for the duck so I may go Thursday depending on what happens. Or I may just try to drag Fred's ass to JFK!
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

I am working till noon and than I am, game I got a very special suprise I n eed to start to use
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Looks like I won't be able to joing you guys on Wednesday because the thing in the city has turned out to be an all day deal.

I'll be out on Thursday though if the light and weather are good, anyone up for that as well?

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    I will be out Wed at Sunrise, I am picking up Jakob when he gets off the train.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

I'll be out sometime depending on the sky conditions. If the 31s are in use I'll be starting out at HoBe, then make my way over for arrivals later in the day.

I'll probably be out as well - don't count on me for Nick's Dawn Patrol, but I'm sure I'll bump into you during the day.

Finally had a chance to edit some of my shots from Wednesday. It was odd weather - sun was in & out, sometimes we had great light with dark clouds in the background, and although it wasn't very cold, the wind was terrible. Started out at Howard Beach for 31L departures, then over to Firestone for 31R arrivals.

When the heavies came out to play, we started getting some good banking shots:

Over at Firestone for arrivals:

Beautiful shots Moose, I love the dark sky behind the shots.

I just wish the weather could have worked out for me the other day! :(

Great stuff, Moose. The first American shot looks like a postcard.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

yea it does
    Patrick O --- Staten Island, NY

I love how the LAN tail blends in with the clouds....it almost looks like it's dissolving.

The Yokoso JAL is fantastic! :)

Awesome photos! The light on those departure shots is incredible, especially the North American 752, Sun Country 738, and the American A300.