Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 2024 Bethpage Airshow at Jones Beach

Well, that was certainly a wild arrival by the Blues in the T-Storm and pouring rain yesterday!!
    I'm just hoping someone got a shot of the lightning in the background while the Blues were attempting to land and
    all 6 finally did, although the nose of #5 took quite a beating and lost a decent amount of paint through the storm!
    I'm sure it will look good as new in the morning when they takeoff for Annapolis cause their Maintenance crew works 24/7 !!
    It was great seeing those 2 sweet looking A-10s land a hour early today so that I didn't have to wait around for a change.

For Friday's practice show, I've heard the F-35C Demo should flying around 11AM and the A-10 Demo around noon time.
    Last edited by Chris S; Yesterday at 01:14 AM.

What a great practice day. The weather was perfect, and the crowds were HUGE. According to Rob Reiner, this was the first time they had 100,000 in attendance for the practice. Great seeing the A10 in it's last go around using flares. I can't remember if anyone ever used flares during a show, maybe someone can tell me if any act ever has?

Air Force has started using flares in their demos recently but only over water shows.